RPS50 is a multiscale Rogowski coil integrator, in a compact DIN rail enclosure, powered directly from the mains. An integrator is essential to equalize and shift by 90° the output signal from the Rogowski coils. It consists of an active electronic circuit with negligible offset and a good linearity. RPS50 can be combined with any model and size of MFC150 Rogowski coils. The module is available in the standard configuration with one of the 3 following full scales:
0.5 – 2.5 – 10 kA or 2.5 – 10 – 50 kA or 10 – 50 – 250 kA.
Two different outputs are available:
• the standard output carring out the instantaneous value, with 1 or 3 VRMS full scale.
• an optional DC output carring out the RMS value of the measured current.
RPS50 and a Rogowski current transducer is a very flexible system, suitable for high power load analysis, impulsive current monitoring, DC ripple measurement, etc. Due to its specific features, flexible Rogowski coil is an extremely comfortable solution for current measurement and can be used in a number of cases where traditional current transducer is not the adequate solution.
• Since the Rogowski coil output is proportional to the frequency of the measured current, the signal equalization ensure a linear response on a wide frequency range. RPS50 allows to use coils on different electrical network frequencies, keeping the same output level over the frequencies.
• The 90° correction give the correct phase for power and energy measurements. RPS50 can by used in conjunction with power meters allowing to take advantage of the great measuring linearity of the Rogowski coils.
• The availability of different selectable scales give the possibility to use the same coil on a extremely wide range of current values.
• The configuration and calibration controls accessible from the front panel increase the flexibility of the module and make it more confortable in use.
© Summit Power 2021