Woodward understands the time-intensive nature of Power Generation projects. Ensuring the lon-gevity of components is one way we can make our customers successful. Woodward has supplied and supported the well-established SPM-D line of synchronizers for 20+ years. With the state of the art Drop-In replacement successor, SPM-D2 the life of this synchronizer line is now extended. All of the SPM-D2 synchronizers are password protected and are configurable either through HMI as before or through ToolKit configuration tool with USB connectivity.
The SPM-D2-10 series are microprocessor-based synchronizers designed for use on two or three phase AC generators equipped with Woodward or other compatible speed controls and automatic voltage regulators. The SPM-D2-10 synchronizers provide automatic frequency, phase and voltage matching using either analog- or discrete output bias signals. These synchronizers are applied to a wide range of prime movers and generators, as its control signals may be set to fit several types of gensets – from fast reacting diesel engines to soft reacting gas turbines.
The SPM-D2-10 synchronizers are available in 3 base models:
• SPM-D2-10 … : provides 1-phase / 2-wire voltage measurement with options for analog and/or discrete biasing signals and wide range power supply
• SPM-D2-10 …/YB: provides 3-phase / 4-wire voltage measurement with discrete biasing signals and option for wide range power supply
• SPM-D2-10 …/PSY5: provides 1-phase / 2-wire voltage measurement with discrete biasing sig-nals, option for wide range power supply and 2 sets of switchable parameter set.
• Phase match or slip frequency synchronization with voltage matching
• Two-Phase or three-phase true RMS voltage sensing of generator and bus with Class I accuracy
• Selectable operating modes like SPM-A (Run, Check, Permissive and Off)
• Synch-Check and synchronization time monitoring
• Dead bus closing of CB on demand
• 2 setting blocks, each containing 7 configurable parameters (in PSY5 variants) selectable through DI: Frequency/Voltage control dead-band, Frequency/Voltage control time pulse, Frequency/Voltage control gain, Circuit breaker time compensation
• Control outputs: Discrete raise/lower for speed and voltage in all variants, | X and XN variants: also configurable analog signals (Voltage, Current and PWM)
• Voltage and frequency control in isolated operation
• Two line bright liquid crystal display for operation, alarm, measuring values visualization and parametrization
• Front face with synchronoscope and indication of breaker state/control activity
• Multi-level password protection of parameters
• Woodward ToolKit™ software for configuration via USB
• Two built-in languages: English, German
Group Controller for large fleet of gensets
GC-3400XT together with easYgen-3400/3500XT genset controller
and easYgen | LS-6XT circuit breaker controller is designed to manage virtually any large scale
power generation system you can imagine.
Woodward’s LS-5 circuit breaker, synchronization & control unit with marine approval
Microprocessor-based synchronizers designed for use on two or three phase AC generators equipped with speed controls and automatic voltage regulators.
Speed and Phase Matching Synchronizer providing automatic frequency and phase matching when used with 2301/2301A and EPG electric load sharing control systems.
© Summit Power 2021